Metcon is a commercial general contractor that specializes in construction management, negotiated, design-build and select hard-bid projects. Administrative/Marketing Assistant must be proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam as well as internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Must maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. A successful Administrative/Marketing assistant must be able to multi-task and switch between duties as needed to accommodate the need. Provide office and administrative support to Vice President and Director of Business Development, and Senior Project Management. Duties include but are not limited to screening calls, receiving, and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. Additionally, the Administrative/Marketing Assistant are often responsible for specific projects and tasks relating to the overall success of the office administrative needs.
The following are a partial listing of the most important project tasks by project phase managed by the Administrative Assistant
- Effectively greet, understand the need, and direct the any visitor to the appropriate department
- Assist and support the Vice President, Director of Business Development and, Senior Project Management Team with administrative support as required for successful project completion.
- Work closely with our Vice President and Director of Business Development
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high-level of attention to detail are both important keys to success
- Excellent organizational skills
- Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
- General office management such as ordering supplies, run errands
- Organizing hotel bookings, travel arrangements, and special events
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Update and maintain database information: contact information, project descriptions as needed
- Maintain Conference and Trade show calendar
- Maintain and organize conference calls
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Prepare, print, format and edit a range of documents
- Oversee the physical assembly of proposals including making copies, assembling binders, creating tabs, etc.
- Assist with creating presentations
- Planning, organizing, and set up of luncheons, and meetings
- Understand company services and brand
- General office duties
- Create and interpret a variety of reports
- Assist with coordination of special events, as needed
- Supports Vice President and Director of Business Development, and Senior Project Management
- Reports to the Vice President and Director of Business Development
- Receives support and direction from Vice President and Director of Business Development
- Works directly with Metcon personnel, subcontractors, and client representatives to assists with administrative tasks as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- May require an occasional overnight stay.
Disclaimer: The Job Description above is a boilerplate, working document and may be modified to suit each particular project assignment. All roles and responsibilities for each respective position can be finalized during the hire-on process.