Metcon is a commercial general contractor that specializes in construction management, negotiated, design-build and select hard-bid projects. The Laborer provides a variety of physical activities and tasks to assist the project team management. Responsibilities begin from the start of construction through close-out. The Laborer is an example of the ethics, work attitude, and dedication to the success of the project. This position is expected to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all time during work hours.
The following are a partial listing of the most important project tasks by project phase managed by the Superintendent:
- May clean out ditches and remove concrete forms. Perform manual labor.
- Assist skilled labor by taking direction from them.
- May assist in the erection and removal of falsework and formwork.
- May be required to carry and clean various materials as directed.
- May be required to shovel or rake materials.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies.
- Additional requirements as directed by the foreman/leadman.
- Minimum 1- year experience in any type of construction.
- Heavy Construction labor experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform various semi-skilled labor tasks in an outdoor environment for an 8 – 10 hour workday.
- Respond quickly to form carpenters or other skilled laborer s directions.
- Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Must be willing to work outside in all elements (hot, cold, mud, rain, snow, etc.)
- Must be able to life 50+ pounds.
- Follow instructions provided by superintendents, foreman, and/or other experienced crew members
- Be capable of lifting equipment and materials up to 50 lbs.
- Work well with others and maintain a positive teamwork attitude
- Perform all required duties
- Keep safety of themselves and others a priority
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Report to work on time and be dependable
- Effectively communicate with crew
- In conjunction with Metcon Safety Director and Superintendent, monitor site safety compliance at all times.
- Participate on site safety meetings with Metcon Field Staff and applicable Subcontractors on a regular basis and as needed.
Disclaimer: The Job Description above is a boilerplate, working document and may be modified to suit each particular project assignment. All roles and responsibilities for each respective position can be finalized during the hire-on process.