Metcon is a commercial general contractor that specializes in construction management. Pipelayers lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains and perform any combination of the following tasks: grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, or seal joints. As a pipelayer you will install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels. You will be required operate mechanized equipment, such as pickup trucks, rollers, tandem dump trucks, front-end loaders, or backhoes.
- Digging and grading trenches to place pipe in.
- Laying sections of pipe and completing connections between pipe sections.
- Completing welds on sections of metal pipe where metal piping is specified.
- Operating heavy equipment to dig trenches for laying piping. Also using heavy equipment to place sections of piping.
- Making connections to lines including sewer lines, water lines and storm sewers.
- Welding – specifically if laying metal piping requiring welded joints.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment to remove and replace soils and earth.
- Determine grade of trenching using tools including lasers and transit levels.
- Operate cutting equipment to cut various types of piping materials.
- Operate small powered equipment including tampers.
- Cut, fit and seal various types of piping.
- Ability to communicate effectively with crew members including the written and spoken word.
- Ability to think logically about work at hand and compare site conditions with project designs.
- Ability to read blueprints and other project related documents.
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Metcon is taking all precautionary measures to ensure a safe worksite. Temperature checks, sanitizer, and masks are provided!